The ABeCeDarian Reading Program is a research-based, explicit, comprehensive, multi-sensory decoding program developed by Michael Bend, Ph.D. The program efficiently addresses the key areas of phonemic awareness, phonics, and fluency. It provides the depth and structure necessary for tutors, interventionists, and special education teachers to help the weakest readers from age 5 to adult make outstanding progress. The beginning levels of the program also make an outstanding program for a regular education teacher to use with her whole class. Upper levels of the program provide excellent word study materials for students in grades 3-6. The comprehensive and straightforward organization of the program make ABeCeDarian an excellent choice as well for home-schoolers.
- Explicit, comprehensive, multisensory phonics instruction
- Sound blending and segmenting explicitly taught and practiced
- Letter/Sound correspondences taught in the context of reading and spelling words
- Letter sounds taught before letter names
- Code knowledge organized by sounds with engaging sorting activities
- No rules!
- Precise practice routines and error correction procedures
- Integrated handwriting and spelling instruction
- Expert oral reading fluency practice
Select from below or view some of our more recent articles to the left.